We are seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented Medical Office Assistant to join the Oshawa Clinic Group in Oshawa, Ontario. As a Medical Office Assistant, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of our medical office and providing excellent patient care. Your exceptional organizational and communication skills will be vital in handling administrative tasks, interacting with patients, and assisting medical staff.
- Greet and welcome patients in a warm and friendly manner.
- Manage patient check-ins and appointment scheduling efficiently.
- Maintain electronic health records (EHR) accurately and securely.
- Handle phone calls and inquiries, providing necessary information or directing them to the appropriate department.
- Assist with billing and insurance processing tasks as needed.
- Prepare examination rooms, ensuring they are clean and well-stocked with necessary supplies.
- Take and record vital signs and patient history when required.
- Follow PHIPA guidelines to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy.
- Collaborate with other staff members to ensure seamless patient care and office operations.
- Perform general administrative tasks, including filing, faxing, and photocopying.
- Medical Office Admin Diploma or equivalent from a community college Or 5-year MOA experience.
- Proven work experience as a Medical Office Assistant or similar role is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, procedures, and documentation.
- Proficiency in using electronic health record (EHR) systems and computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Demonstrated compassion and empathy towards patients.
- Knowledge of insurance verification and medical billing processes is an advantage.
- Familiarity with medical office equipment and procedures, such as taking vital signs and preparing examination rooms.
How to Apply:
If you are a motivated individual with a passion for providing top-notch patient care, we encourage you to apply for the Medical Office Assistant position at Oshawa Clinic Group in Oshawa, Ontario. Please submit your updated resume, a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and interest in the role, and any additional certifications or references you may have.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
About Oshawa Clinic Group:
Oshawa Clinic Group is a leading healthcare provider in Oshawa, Ontario, dedicated to delivering comprehensive medical services and exceptional patient experiences. With a team of skilled healthcare professionals and a patient-centered approach, we aim to enhance the well-being of our community and foster a culture of excellence in healthcare.
At Oshawa Clinic Group, we value our employees and are committed to providing a comprehensive benefits package to support their well-being and professional growth. As part of our team, you’ll have access to the following benefits:
- Company Events: We believe in fostering a positive and engaging work environment. Throughout the year, we organize various company events and activities to encourage team building, celebrate achievements, and create lasting memories.
- Company Pension: Your future matters to us, and we want to help you plan for it. Our company pension program ensures that you have financial security and peace of mind during your retirement years.
- Extended Health Care: Your health is important to us. We offer extended health care benefits that cover a range of medical services, including prescription drugs, dental care, vision care, and paramedical services.
- Life Insurance: We provide life insurance coverage to protect your loved ones in the event of the unexpected. Knowing that your family’s financial needs are taken care of brings added security and support.
- Tuition Reimbursement: We encourage continuous learning and professional development. With our tuition reimbursement program, eligible employees can pursue further education or certifications related to their career, and we’ll help cover the costs.